Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Mort Tom Mort is offline

Default taking average of each set of all possible combinations

Well for virtually all of the business there is at least many years
worth of pretty much randomly taken samples. The samples are 24 hour
composite samples and are set to take a sample every 15 minutes. If
there is no flow for a period of time there is no sample. We would
sample 3 days per quarter. So there is background data already.

I have a little statistics background. What is SIAMs?

I can get a suggested sample frequency by divding standard deviation by
variance, but it doesn't really address averages of sets of samples.

Tell me more