Ken Wright

Take your pick:-

Public Sub ToggleProtect1()
'Courtesy of J E McGimpsey
'If only selected sheets are to be protected, then a toggle works well

Const PWORD As String = "ken"
Dim wkSht As Worksheet
Dim statStr As String

For Each wkSht In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
With wkSht
statStr = statStr & vbNewLine & "Sheet " & .Name
If .ProtectContents Then
wkSht.Unprotect Password:=PWORD
statStr = statStr & ": Unprotected"
Else
wkSht.Protect Password:=PWORD
statStr = statStr & ": Protected"
End If
End With
Next wkSht
MsgBox Mid(statStr, 2)
End Sub

Sub Toggleprotect2()
'Courtesy of J E McGimpsey
'If only selected sheets are to be protected, then a toggle works well

Const PWORD As String = "ken"
Dim wkSht As Worksheet

For Each sh In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
If sh.ProtectContents = False Then
sh.Protect PWORD
Else
sh.Unprotect PWORD
End If
Next sh
End Sub

Public Sub ProtectAllSheets()
'Courtesy of J E McGimpsey
'Space allowed for insertion of a password
'Code lists every sheet with it's protection status
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Const PWORD As String = ""
Dim wkSht As Worksheet
Dim statStr As String

For Each wkSht In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
With wkSht
statStr = statStr & vbNewLine & "Sheet " & .Name
wkSht.Protect Password:=PWORD
statStr = statStr & ": Protected"
End With
Next wkSht
MsgBox Mid(statStr, 2)
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Public Sub UnprotectAllSheets()
'Courtesy of J E McGimpsey
'Space allowed for insertion of a password
'Code lists every sheet with it's protection status
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Const PWORD As String = ""
Dim wkSht As Worksheet
Dim statStr As String

For Each wkSht In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
With wkSht
statStr = statStr & vbNewLine & "Sheet " & .Name
wkSht.Unprotect Password:=PWORD
statStr = statStr & ": Unprotected"
End With
Next wkSht
MsgBox Mid(statStr, 2)
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"CheriT63" wrote in message
I find it tedious to have to unprotect each worksheet individually when I
need to edit or update a spreadsheet. The same is true when I want to
protect them again. Isn't there some way to do all worksheets at the same
time?

Protecting the workbook as a whole is not a workable solution. It

restricts
things I don't want to restrict.