Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Named Range

I thought Steph was asking about a named range. (Insert|name).

And I can have a name that refers to cells from two different worksheets:

I used this in the refers to box in that dialog:
=Sheet2!$A$1,Sheet1!$A$1

But that's not a range--but it is a name.

I guess it boils down to what Steph really meant.

Steph?

Charles Williams wrote:

Hi Steph,

=sum(Sheet1!a1,Sheet2!A2,sheet3!a3)

this works OK, not sure what Bernie sees as a problem.

Charles
______________________
Decision Models
The Excel Calculation Site.
www.DecisionModels.com

Yes, as long as they are the same cells on each worksheet: Sheets 1 to
Sheet 2 cell A1 is OK, Sheet1 cell A1 and sheet2 cell B2 is not OK.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Steph" wrote in message
Can a single named range include cells from multiple sheets?

--

Dave Peterson