tjtjjtjt

Kev,

So, if it has the character, you want to hide the cell contents, correct?
One way: Use conditional Formatting.
For example, Conditional Format for A1:A10 to change the Font color to white
(matching the background color of my spreadsheet) when the letter f appears
in the cell:
Select A1:A10, and go to Format | Conditional Formatting.
Switch to Formula Is and type this:
=FIND("f",A1,1)
Click Format and set the desired formatting for the font, borders, or
background.
Click Okay twice.

Note that the Find function is Case Sensitive, so depending on what
character you are searching for, you may have to adjust this.

"Kev" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet I input various letter and figures into. I want excel
to automatically colour a cell which has a certain character in so it is
clear where these appear.