Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default Cell selection in non-active sheet

I assume you want to copy paste
and not show what you'ce copied thrue the selection..

use syntax like
Range("sheet1!a3:d3").copy Range("sheet2!a4:d4")

and there's no need to (re)select any cells :)

keepITcool

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

Excel 2002, WinXP
All the following relates to doing this in VBA.

If I paste something to say, A3:D3, then A3:D3 of that sheet is
highlighted in blue.

If I want to get rid of the blue highlight, and make A1 the active
cell on that sheet, and that sheet is the active sheet, all I have to
do is select A1.

Question: How can I make this happen when that sheet is not the
active sheet, short of selecting that sheet first?

Thanks for your help. Otto