Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Phil Phil is offline

Default use vb to delete marked rows

I never used the autofilter so going thru the help files now. One question I
have is in the cells in column I we have numbers that get totaled at the
end. If I use autofilter to hides all the rows marked with X will my total
still add all the values from I3:I700 including the hidden ones? I don't
want it to. When I mark it with an X and it hides I need those values in
cells I3:I700 to not add into the total. That's why I thought just deleting
those rows was the way to go. The total formula is: =sum(I3:I700)
Basicly I'm saying I want to mark rows that I don't want to add into the
total. However that is accomplished doesn't matter either deleting or hiding
the rows. Thanks.

Don Guillett wrote:
Why not use dataautofilterfilter on x and delete all rows. Record a
macro if desired

Having trouble with this one, hope someone can help me with the code.
I have a sheet with rows 3-700 and columns A-J. I want to have some
vb code that when run(doing it on a click action for a button)
deletes rows that I have marked with an X in cell J3-J700. So if it
sees a X in cell J3, it highlights the entire row and deletes it,
then move on to J4 and checks for the X and so on. If there is no X
then it should just move to the next one and keep checking.
I can get it to sort of work with if/then statements, but one
problem I'm having is when you delete a row they all shift up, so
just going to the next row starts to "skip" rows that were moved up.
And the other problem is how to simplify the code for J3-J700 so I
don't have to put 700 if/then statements in. Thanks for any help.