Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Aaron Graham Aaron Graham is offline

Default Different Solvers.xla in Office 2000

It also looks like that the SR3 update to Office modifies the file. The
curves fit fine in SR1 but as soon as SR3 is ran on SOME machines it
quits.

In article ,
Aaron Graham wrote:

We have a solution that uses Solver. We have found that there are 2
different versions of Solver used in Excel 2000. The differences I can
see between the 2 is that the Date Last Saved(displayed in Summary)
shows 2/23/1999 or 10/16/2000 and the file size is 574KB and 624KB.

The problem is that the 10/16/2000 does not fit curves that the 1999
does. I know there may be a slight varience, but it is way off.

Has anyone else seen this?