Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default How to add a PivotItem ?

Pivot items are a function of the underlying data. To the best of my
knowledge, there is no way to add a pivot item except by building a
calculated item - perhaps that is something you can pursue.

Tom Ogilvy

"sharprog " wrote in message
How do I add a PivotItem to a PivotField ? I want to do this so that my
output tables and graphs keep the same number of rows and columns,
independent of the user choices from preset data lists.

I know all the Item possible values, but until they get chosen in the
data-table they do not appear. When they appear, a new row or column
appears - this ruins my nice layout!

I have seen and used the nice VBA-code in this Forum for deleting
obsolete PivotItems, but could not find any references for adding new
items.

I am using Excel 97 (sorry).

Thanks Roger

NB sorry if this post is duplicated, the first try seems to exploring
Prof Hawking's newly defined Black Hole.

---