mahmon

Dear Ron

okay here goes:

below is a simple version of what i want to achieve,
I have the formula now for the first one, but its the second one that i am
struggling with. i want to be able to enter data in the table as it grows and
the two formulas at the top update as you go. sorry if i was not clearer
before, and thanks for all your help so far

number of colour choices = 3 (this was your first formula, thankyou!)
number of colour choices of selected products = 2 (? how do we do this?)

part no colours selected
1 red no
2 red yes
3 blue no
4 green no
5 green yes

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 12:04:02 -0700, mahmon
wrote:

what i want to do now is add
to this forula so that it filters out all the ones that dont have 'selected'
in an adjacent coloumn. but i dont want to define a colour of interest

What exactly do you mean by "filters out"?

Assuming you mean it the same way as Excel uses the term, with your cursor in
the table, select Data/Filter/AutoFilter. Then click on the down arrow at the
"Selected" column heading and choose something like "non-Blanks" or Does Not
Equal Selected

If you mean something else, please define it.

--ron