Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default opening file with worksheetfunction

Hi
simply a design decision. Functions used in cells ONLY
return values. To achive something like opening files
Microsoft provided worksheet_events

One can argue if this is a good spreadsheet dsign to open
another file depending on a cell value but that really
depends on your requirements. No technical problem with
this