Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
modest modest is offline

Default opening file with worksheetfunction

Hello everybody.
I'm trying to create a worksheetfunction in Excel 97 that should ope
another excel-file.

This is how it looks now (in a module):

Public Function AZ (iUserInput as Integer) as Integer
workbooks.open "c:\etc\etc.xls"
AZ = iUserInput * 2
End Function

Now when I type in a worksheet in the same workbook
=AZ(3)
I get #VALUE!

The code simply doesn't open the file. On the other hand it does wor
when I start the function from the module. And I tested it as a sub: i
worked. I have put the code in a worksheet event: it worked again.

Why is it not possible to use a self-defined worksheetfunction to ope
a file