Posted to comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sriram Sriram is offline

Default CAE macro for green screen updates with Excel data

I am a user of the Personal Communications AS/400 (Client Access Express for
Windows) WorkStation Program IBM software. I am able to record a vbscript
macro to automate a repetitive update of our ERP using one of the ERP
options.

I need to modify the macro so that it picks up the data to be entered from
an Excel list and "types" it into the appropriate input fields. I need to
get it to process the entire list of values row by row.

Right now the macro recorder has produced a statement like
autECLSession.autECLPS.SendKeys "B11641"

which I have to replace with commands to essentially
- switch to Excel
- read the next row of data
- switch back to the terminal session
- Do the SendKeys thing

working in a loop.

I'd appreciate a sample script to do this kind of thing since I am not
familiar with the capabilities of the emulator, though reasonably
comfortable with vbscript.

Sriram