Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bsullins bsullins is offline

Default Using Sheet names in formulas

I need to be able to make my vlookup formula dynamically change th
range based on the result of another lookup....

Here is a simple vlookup:

VLOOKUP($a$1,L1!$a:$Z,2,0)

I need it to do something more like this

VLOOKUP($a$1,"$B1"!$a:$Z,2,0)

Using a cell ref in the table name would allow the value in $B1 tel
the formula what ws to look at

In this scenario A1 could be found on various sheets, and I need to b
able to figure out which one then look at that sheet.

It would be nice if I could do this with a formula trick instead of VB
since everyone here is scared of macro's......