Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SidBord SidBord is offline

Default Calling to a specific cell

You didn't tell me quite enough. How do you know the
cell's location?? You said "how to call a cell . . .". I
don't understand what you mean by "calling" a cell. Do you
mean, that while you are in one sheet, you want to get the
value of a cell in another sheet?
Suppose you are in sheet A and you want a value from a cell
in sheet B. If you know that the address of the cell in
sheet B is, say, A16, then you can refer to it as:
SheetB!A16.
Another technique is to give the cell in Sheet B a defined
name. To do that, go to sheet B and select cell A16, then
in the little box in the upper left of your window that
shows "A16", type the name that you want to assign to that
cell, then press ENTER. Now if you put your cursor on A16
and look in that box, you should see the name you assigned.
Assumming that worked, now you can refer to Sheet B's A16
by its name without any qualification. On Sheet A where
you might write A16, now write that defined name. Works
like a charm!.