Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JBL[_3_] JBL[_3_] is offline

Default Key Identifier for Sheets?

Hello to all,

I am creating a data collection program that will collect data, and then
deposit it on to different sheets in a workbook. My problem is that the user
forms need to generate a unique Key identifier since I am listing single
line decriptions on one sheet and associated parts and costs on another. I
must tie the tow together. Any conceptual ideas, or should I give up the
idea and switch to another platform.

I really want this built in Excel, although I could build it in Access and
the populate the Excel sheet. My reason is we have an SQL sort routine that
will run against a defined Excel sheet, but not against a Access Data file.
I don't want to have to create more programing for my IT people.

Any help?

Thanks
JBL