Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default when would you use "new workbook"

Say I am happy with what's in my personal workbook.
(it's empty :)

But i want to try something..

I ALWAYS record in new workbook
I'll record 10 things.. edit some.. weed out the mistakes
THEN when i'm happy with what I've got, I will decide how to name it and
where to put it. That way i dont get 150 modules in my personal workbook..

keepITcool

"JulieD" wrote:

was having a discussion today with a couple of people about the
options for storing a macro when you record it - the personal macro
workbook & this workbook made sense to us, but we were stumped for a
realistic example of when you would store a macro in a "new workbook"
... has anyone done this? if so, what was the rationale behind this
choice?

thanks
JulieD