Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default Iterative Macro

Assuming we ARE talking periodic payments:

irr = rate where PV equals= initial invest

just compute the pmt needed for the difference
in PV and initial invest..

assume:
Target interest in B1 = .175
Init investment in C2 = -13000
Returns in D2:Q2 say 2000

NPV - invest in B2=NPV(B1,D2:Q2)+C2
Constant adj in A2=PMT(B1;COLUMNS(D2:Q2);B2;0)

tada... !!

keepITcool

"Stuart" wrote:

I have managed to locate this in the Tools menu, but it
will not let me install it (not sure if this is due to my
employer's security structure or if I'm doing something
wrong).

What is this anyway?? Are there any alternative methods?