Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Coddington Tim Coddington is offline

Default Range question in VB

Another handy tool that might be of use. Assuming the range
starts at A5 and there are at least 2 data points. The end of
the range can be found by:
"A" & Range("A5").End(xlDown).Row
"Bob Flanagan" wrote in message
To return the first cell in a selection:

dim firstCell as range
set firstCell = selection.cells(1)
msgbox firstCell.address

for the last cell:

dim lastCell as range
with selection
set lastcell = .cells(.cells.count) 'note the period in front of

cells
end with
msgbox lastcell.address

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
Delaware, U.S. 302-234-9857
http://www.add-ins.com

"rohnds " wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet with data in column A starting from A5 ... list of
my pH reading for my aquarium. I also have a chart graphing this data.
Right now my data start at A5 and end at A11.

Right now I have created a macro in VB that allow me input the last
cell of my data (example A12, A15), and then used that range (e.g.
A5:A15, if I entered A15) to update my graph.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to retrieve the range using VB of
the selected cells. Another word, I want VB to return startig range A5
and ending range A15 if I selected A5:A15. I can then use that info to
update my chart thus giving me more flexibility.

Any help would be appreciated.

---