Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ray Batig Ray Batig is offline

Default Question on Custom Sum Function

Greetings,

I have used the Function below to sum up cells in a column which contain red
font numbers. I find that it works very well, however, it does not
automatically update. I found that if I change the font of an existing cell
entry to red and then enter a number in the same column and press return,
the cell containing the SumRed function does update, however, none of the
other columns update. I saw that Chip Pierson commented on a similar
function on his wonderful site and said that if I used Alt+F9, the cell
containing the function would update. This doesn't seem work at all. Is
there a work around or am I relegated to writing a macro to enter a value in
a cell in each column and then use the same macro to erase the cell entry?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ray

Function SumRed(SelectedCells As Range)
' Adds the values of the cells where the font color is red(3).
Dim Cell As Object
Dim x As Double
x = 0
For Each Cell In SelectedCells