Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default Look for numbers in a cell

Hi
try
For Each c In ActiveSheet.Columns(1)
If IsNumeric(Left(Trim(c.Value), 6)) and trim(c.value)<"" Then
c.interior.colorindex=3
End If
Next c
End Sub

But you can achieve the same without VBA (using conditional format).
e.g. try the following
- select cells A1:A100
- goto 'Format - Conditional Format'
- enter the following formula
=(ISNUMBER(--LEFT(TRIM(A1),6))*(TRIM(A1)<"")
- choose a format for these cells

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Hi all,

I spent some time in another solution for looking account number from
a worksheet, but no progress at all :(

In the first column of worksheet, there are some cells which are made
up of names and an unique account number (6-digit-form).

However, some cells are padded with spaces, i.e.
123456 ABC
123457 CDE
345678 EFG

I would like to find all cells with account number out and highlight
them.

My code:
Sub find_Acct()
Dim result As Integer, c As Range

For Each c In ActiveSheet.Columns(1)
If IsNumeric(Left(Trim(c.Value), 6)) Then
'Highlight the cell
End If
Next c
End Sub