Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default OPEN WORKBOOK WHEN EXCEL OPENS

When excel opens, it opens any files found in the xlstart directory. One
such file is personal.xls if you have created one by recording a macro and
selecting to save it in your personal file. You can put code in the
workbook_open event of this workbook to setup the ontime event.

See Chip Pearson's site on using Ontime:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm

Tom Ogilvy

"tina" wrote in message

I would like to know how to open a named workbook when excel opens so I

can run a macro .I have wriiten private sub workbook_open macro and put this
in this workbook for file dddstocks I need this file to run at 3.00am
everyday automatically
any help or pointers where to find good help would be much appreciated
Thanks
Tina