Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Martin Waller Martin Waller is offline

Default Excel 2003 / IE 6 bug closing workbook

Hello,

I'm trying to write a boot-strap macro in an Excel WorkBook. The workbook
(see radc96b2.xls) attached contains is set so that when it is opened it
executes the Workbook_Open function which then reads information from a
pre-defined sheet. This sheets tells it the names of a second template to
open it will then copy data from the first workbook to the second workbook
and finally activate a worksheet in the second workbook and close the first
workbook....!

This works fine in Excel 2000 and Excel 2003 but fails when the worksheet is
opened via IE 6. I've traced the problem down to the very last statement
which closes the first workbook. When running under IE6 this seems to close
everything...

Any help woulf be appreciated...

Sorry I tried to attach the files in question but they were too large...

Martin