Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robert Pollock[_2_] Robert Pollock[_2_] is offline

Default Searching a column

Help please !!

Last week I posted this as follows;

""I would like to search a column of data for 'part
characters' : eg user enters "lock" and macro searches
column A and comes up with "block" in cell A6 and "locket"
in cell A9. I am thinking this might incorporate the use
of the LEN command, but without writing an immense amount
of code I am sure there must be a more simpler and more
efficient method.""

And I received the following reply;

"You will need to set SearchValue to the user input.
With Range("A:A")
Set rng = .Find(SearchValue, LookIn:=xlValues,
LookAt:=xlPart)""

Well I have been really struggling ! Can anyone please
send me a brief example of how I approach the code

Ever so grateful
Robert Pollock.