Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default Word Control in Excel

Hi Stuart,

It steps through without an error, but no values appear
in the textboxes.

No value will appear *IN* the textbox. As written,. the routine enters Bingo
in the worksheet cell that corresponds to under the upper-left corner of the
text box. Depending on the precise positioning of the textbox, this cell
may be hidden (entirely covered). You can confirm this by changing;

Set rng = myShape.TopLeftCell

to;

Set rng = myShape.TopLeftCell(1,0)

which will enter Bingo in the cell one column to the left of the
TopLeftCell.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Stuart" wrote in message
Thanks for that.
It steps through without an error, but no values appear
in the textboxes.
Any ideas, please?

Regards.

"Norman Jones" wrote in message
Hi Stuart,

Please uncomment the continuation part of the For Each line!

---
Regards,
Norman

"Norman Jones" wrote in message
Hi Stuart,

Try:

Sub Test()
Dim myShape As Shape, rng As Range

For Each myShape In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets _
' ("Contract Master Order").Shapes
If myShape.Name Like "Text*" Then
Set rng = myShape.TopLeftCell
rng.Value = "Bingo"
End If
Next
End Sub

---
Regards,
Norman

"Stuart" wrote in message
Thanks for that.
It now runs to the line "For Each etc" and then
immediately jumps to "End Sub"

Regards.

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Try adding a reference to "microsoft forms 2.0 object library"

I'm not sure how this'll work with your Word problem, though.

Stuart wrote:

Using Office 2000, I open Word and in a new document
I insert a Textbox. I then copy and paste it into a worksheet.

I cannot find a way to programmatically refer to it.

Sub Test()
Dim oleObj As OLEObject, rng As Range
For Each oleObj In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets _
("Contract Master Order").OLEObjects
If TypeOf oleObj.Object Is MSForms.TextBox Then
Set rng = oleObj.TopLeftCell
rng.Value = "Bingo"
End If
Next