Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default User selecting range from userform via dropdown menue

Private Sub Combobox1_Click()
Dim rng as Range
On error resume Next
set rng = Range(combobox1.Value)
On error goto 0
if not rng is nothing then
rng.copy Destination:=Range("AA1")
end if
End sub

Tom Ogilvy

"mslabbe" wrote in message
Hi All!

I've searched for this for a while, and have had no luck! Also, I will

doe the best to
explain exactly what I'm trying to do...but it might be tough...here goes!

I'm using VB within Excel. From a userform, I'd like to use a drop down

menue (which I
already know how to do). The list would be of ranges (already set-up via

insert-name-
define). So, when the user selects the item, they would have selected a

range in the
background. Then, I'd like to copy the now selected range and paste it to

a new area.

This would be repeated everytime the user starts over, however, the ranges

will be different
depending on which range the user selects.

Is it too confusing or impossible? I have tried recording a macro and

using the
"application.goto" option, however, all that it does is a specific range

name and I could
not have the user select it...

Thanks in advance
Matt