Danny

I am not sure if this will cure my ill, but it may get me on the right path.
Thank You

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Let's see if I understand what your asking for.

A1 has some value
B1 has another value

You want to find the value of A1 in the left column of the the table and and
the value of B1 in the top row of the table.
Once found, you want to find the intersection of the row of the left column
matched value and the column of the top row matched value.

If that's correct, try this (assuming your table is contained in C1:G10

=INDEX(C1:G10,MATCH(A1,C1:C10,0),MATCH(B1,C1:G1,0) )

The INDEX function returns the value of the cell at the intersection of a
certain row and column of a range.
So if the A1 value is 3 rows down and the B1 value is 2 colums across, then
the INDEX function will look in the range C1:G10 and find the value of the
cell that is in the 3rd row and 2nd column.

Does that help?

Ron