Dave Peterson

Instead of using
=text(a1/24;"h:mm")

Just use
=a1/24
but format that cell as time.

Then add those helper cells to see what you get. If you want the results as
hours, try a format like:
[h]:mm

"ExcelMe " wrote:

So i have been trying to make a worksheet to calculate my pay with deductions
and everything. But the thing is that my punch machine works in decimals. So
i changed that with a formula =TEXT(A1/24; "h:mm") which works great. But now
i want to add times, but it doesn't seem to work. I have tried =SUM(A1:A6)*24
(as suggested in the excel help) but i found out (well i think) that SUM does
not count TEXT. When i try the same formula with hours i have entered myself,
instead of results entered mathematically, it works. I do not know what do to.

--

Dave Peterson