Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
wjsubs[_5_] wjsubs[_5_] is offline

Default Using the COUNT funciton to count cells with values

I have a COUNTIF function that counts only non-zero values.

Here it is:
SUMIF(E$10:E$114,"<0")/COUNTIF(E$10:E$114,"<0")

The problem is that some values are negative while some values are
positive. I also need to count 0 as a value.

Obviously, a regular count function would be fine, except for the fact
that some values for my data set are missing, which ends up counting
empty cells and messing up my running average calculation.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks,
Will

---