Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tod tod is offline

Default ADO Connection stopped working

I have an Excel workbook that connects to an Access
database on the same machine. The workbook has ADO code to
connect to the database. It has worked for years. Recently
I had to move all of this stuff over to another machine. I
copied everything over without any changes EXCEPT:

- The original machine used Windows XP as the OS. The new
machine is Windows 2000 Professional.

- On the original machine I was running Office XP. The new
machine is using Office 2000. I had to convert the
database to Access 2000, but made no other changes.

Now when I run the code in the workbook it gets to this
line:

'Dim cn as New ADODB.Connection
cn.Open "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};" & _
"Dbq=C:\MyPath\MyDatabase.mdb;"

The error is:

Method 'Open' of object '_Connection' failed

I can open the database manually and run queries with no
problems.

Could someone recommend possible solutions?

tod