Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default Help: Election 2004 Project -- Iterative Operations, midmean

re 1:
=TRIMMEAN(range,.25)

re 2:
install/activate the Analysis Toolpak addin.
read help on excel's statistical functions,

re 3:
have you tried this with solver ?

this is an NG, not free consultancy ...

keepITcool

?B?R2FiZSBDaGFu?= wrote:

I'm working on a project that is using some of statistician John
Tukey's methods for Exploratory Data Analysis. Although Excel does not
include these methods, we hope to figure out some way to do them using
Excel.

I hope someone can suggest ways to do one or more of the following in
Excel -- or possibly in MicroSoft Access, closely linked to an Excel
spreadsheet:

1. Compute the midmean of a specified array of cells (either part of a
row or column or a subset of a table). The midmean is the average of
the values between the first quartile (25th percentile) and the third
quartile (75th percentile). Is there any way to create a user defined
SNIP

Any suggestions for how to do these kinds of analysis using Excel
and/or Access would be appreciated.

Please respond to as well as to this list.
Thank you,
Gabe Chan