Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ken Wright Ken Wright is offline

Default Fill series in visible cells only

Select the range and run this:-

Sub DataSeries()

Dim Start As Long
Dim Incr As Long
Dim cel As Range
Dim rng As Range

Set rng = selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)

Start = InputBox("What is the start value of your number series")
Incr = InputBox("What is the incremental value you wish to use")

For Each cel In rng
cel.Value = Start
Start = Start + Incr
Next cel

Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"RossM " wrote in message
Can any one suggest a way to fill only the visible cells in a filtered
range with a numerical series. I'm dealing with a data base for tissue
culture where after filtering the rows the filtered group are assigned
new experimental numbers the simplest being 1 - 96 but this series
needs to skip all the filtered rows.

I think I need a VBA macro but don't know the programming language. I
guess a macro needs to loop through the cells assesing their property
for visibility or not and incrementing their value as appropriate

Thanks Ross

---

---