Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Myrna Larson[_3_] Myrna Larson[_3_] is offline

Default UDFs and file sharing

If you put your code in the workbook that uses it, there's no problem.

But if you want it in a separate workbook, then in every workbook that needs
the code, you have to have the workbook with the procedures open, then go to
the VB Editor and set a reference to the workbook containing the procedures.

Or you can put the code in an add-in, but then they have to be sure the add-in
is installed. If it isn't, you get the #NAME! error.

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 12:10:27 -0500, whelanj
wrote:

newbie question:

how do I save my UDFs so that when other people on other machines open
my excel files they UDF are recognized and work?

thanks

---