Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
wjsubs[_4_] wjsubs[_4_] is offline

Default How to avoid excel adding a 0 for cells with a formula

I have a running average that counts 0 as a value.

My data set contains a simple addition function that I have autofille
to empty entries in order to make data entry in the future easier. (th
addition will automatically be computed for new data points)

My COUNTIF & SUMIF functions both count 0 as a value for the runnin
average. I was wondering if anyone knows how to avoid having exce
automatically enter a zero into the sum cell when there arent an
values entered for that particular data point. I am looking for a wa
to keep the formula while avoiding the skewing of my data.

Thanks,
Wil