Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
R Avery R Avery is offline

Default File Path Class

That would be the method internal to the Path class. The reason why I
want a class to do this is that it is tedious to, for example, get the
path of the parent's parent folder. I would have to take the ubound of
the array, iterate over each element in the array until ubound-3,
properly join them with the appropriate path separator, etc. I just
want a one-line command to do it, since I have to do it all the time.

Also, a class could be designed to handle UNIX, Windows, and (perhaps)
Mac paths natively. It could also have built in functions to test
whether or not the path exists, if it is a folder or file, return a
scripting.file object corresponding to the path, etc.

Tom Ogilvy wrote:

If using at least xl2000 or later, why not just use split

vArr = Split(sPath,"\")

ext = split(varr(ubound(varr)),".")(1)
name = split(varr(ubound(varr)),".")(0)