Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tmischler tmischler is offline

Default manual adjustments

Hi there,

This probably is really simple but basically what I want to do is b
able to quickly search a spreadsheet to see if people have made manua
adjustments.

Basically, we often download stuff from other databases into excel, s
most of the cells will be populated with stuff like:

=kfcell(B3,B4,B5.....B8)

one complication is that since these numbers are often huge, they ar
usually divided by either 1000000 or 1000000000.

what I want to do is find all cells that have + or - adjustments i
them, for example, find:

=kfcell(B3,B4,B5.....B8)/1000000+3.1

or

=kfcell(B3,B4,B5.....B8)/1000000000-13.4

but ignore

=kfcell(B3,B4,B5.....B8)/1000000

I am also still not sure about the best way to return those values.
think that, ideally, I would like there to be an option box for th
user to choose whether to have a list of affected cells or to highligh
the affected cells or both.

I figure it's probably going to have to be a macro but I have no ide
how to use forms.

Can anyone hel