Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ell ell is offline

Default SQL Combining Field Results

Hi all,

Please forgive me if this is really easy, but I'm from a 4G
background, and not too familar with pure SQL statements.

What I am trying to do is quite simple.

I have two text fields in a record, which I wish to merge at point o
extraction. Ie:

SELECT item-no, desc1, desc2 FROM mytable WHERE mytable.item-no
"MyItem"

To merge the description fields I have tried (for instance):

SELECT desc1 + desc2

But Microsoft Query expects the values as number data.

So I tried:

SELECT desc1 & desc2

and various other permutations, but still have no luck.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks in advance.

El