Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default Macro crashing on different computer

yep... version incompatibility.. :)

next time just check MSDN:

excel 2000
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...l=/library/en-
us/off2000/html/xlmthOpenText.asp

OpenText Method

Loads and parses a text file as a new workbook with a single sheet that
contains the parsed text-file data.

Syntax

expression.OpenText(Filename, Origin, StartRow, DataType, TextQualifier,
ConsecutiveDelimiter, Tab, Semicolon, Comma, Space, Other, OtherChar,
FieldInfo, DecimalSeparator, ThousandsSeparator)

excel 2002

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...l=/library/en-
us/vbaxl10/html/xlmthOpenText.asp?frame=true

OpenText Method

Loads and parses a text file as a new workbook with a single sheet that
contains the parsed text-file data.

expression.OpenText(FileName, Origin, StartRow, DataType, TextQualifier,
ConsecutiveDelimiter, Tab, Semicolon, Comma, Space, Other, OtherChar,
FieldInfo, TextVisualLayout, DecimalSeparator, ThousandsSeparator,
TrailingMinusNumbers, Local)

keepITcool

"Grace" wrote:

I am virtually certain, before I left home, this macro
worked fine on my home computer. I am trying it on a
visited computer, as a test for doing it before a client
soon on their computer, and it is crashing:

Workbooks.OpenText Filename:=myFilename, Origin:=437,
StartRow:=1, DataType:=xlFixedWidth, FieldInfo:=Array( _
Array(0, 1), Array(7, 3), Array(17, 1), Array(32,
1), Array(40, 1), Array(48, 1)), _
TrailingMinusNumbers:=True

It is giving me a comile error: Named argument not found
and when i hit debug, it highlights the part that says
TrailingMinusNumbers:=True, as if that is the offending
part.

I note that, it I record that part of the macxro on this
visiting computer, it does not record that seemingly
offensive ending. Also, instead of Origin = 437, it says
origin:=x1Windows, though when I try editing my macro
with either of those, it crashes on those. I also note
that this computer has EXCEL 2000, not 2002. Can someone
help, please?

Thanks