Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Andy Wiggins Andy Wiggins is offline

Default FTP From Excel

I (sometimes) have Excel sending financial data to my web site at:

http://www.bygsoftware.com/Uploads/financial_data.htm

How?
I use the ftp program that comes with my operating systems (W98 and XP) to
transfer the data.
From within VBA I create a .txt file, which contains the ftp commands.
I run the txt file through .bat file using "Shell".

The ftp commands are in the operating system's help file

--
Regards
Andy Wiggins

"Rich Cooper" wrote in message
I am trying to have excel to connect to an ftp with in the company. But i
am looking for an approach or a way to do it. I hvae searched on google

and
there has been very small results. I was wondering if anyone has any

ideas
or has done it and can possibly help and give me some support. I would

like
excel to be able to upload some information to an ftp and then be able to
download a some update doctor informaition. But for now i am lokoing for

way to connect to an ftp and be able to upload and download a file. Any
help would be great