Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] moller@notvalid.se is offline

Default Chart SeriesCollection. Problem changing from Excel 2000 to 2002

Jon Peltier writes:

Excel tries its best to figure out what we want when we don't tell it
enough. To ensure that Excel uses the columns you want for categories
and the rows you want for series names, make sure the cell(s) at the
intersection of these rows and columns are blank (completely clear,
not just "" as a formula might return). So your example data would
look like:

Ans Missed AqT Man
08:00-08:15 148 56 43.275 80
08:15-08:30 153 18 11.9996 90
.
.
.
16:45-17:00 12 1 2.7692 50

When the fourth column data was interpreted by Excel as text, it
decided since it couldn't plot the text, that it would use it
anyway. The only way it could figure to do this was to give you four
columns of category labels, and only one series. Change the column of
incorrectly identified text into decimal fractions (here's the
language setting problem), and you get your other series back, with
the one column of category labels.

Yes when I got that part right everything else worked as expected.

This might seem like a strange treatment, but it can be handy. I have
used multi-column category labels, which are separated by carriage
returns along the bottom axis, to give extra information about the
plotted points.

I'm going to use this. Thanks for the tip and help.

/moller - Off to Scottland for a week.