Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob van Gelder[_4_] Rob van Gelder[_4_] is offline

Default Calling Rob van Gelder - Help needed with Vlookup Macro again (IT WORKS)

Yes, it's possible.

Create a macro containing:
Activecell.PasteSpecial xlPasteValues

"Ian" wrote in message
Hi again
I just spent my lunchbreak searching Google and what I should have said is

that I want to
add a Formula to the Macro which will allow me to copy just the "Values"

of the cells
(not the Formulas), from one workbook to another.
I know you can do it if you copy cells from one workbook and then in the

other workbook
you right click and select "paste special" and select "values", but can

you do this automatically
by Macros.

Cheers again
Ian

"Ian" wrote in message

Hi Rob
I just moved a "Delivery Note" workbook into a Folder and when I opened

it
I got the following message:
-----
The workbook you opened contains automatic links to information in

another workbook.
Do you want to update this workbook with changes made to the other

workbook.

To update all linked information, click Yes
To keep the existing information, click No
-----

Obviously the other workbook ("Book In") is constantly being updated, so

I guess
this message will always come up if we ever have to open a "Delivery

Note" workbook
in the future for tracking purposes, as it contains links to the other

workbook.
So if we could cut Rows from the "Book In" workbook, and paste it in the

"Delivery Note"
workbook as Text, rather than the actual Formula, I think it would

better.
What do you think.

Cheers
Ian

"Ian" wrote in message

Hi Rob
I forgot to say that these Delivery Note xls files will probably also

get sorted into Folders,
so the Formula (References) that were pasted into them to look up the

Part Descriptions
will also alter.

Cheers
Ian