Tushar Mehta

No need for VBA code. Can be done by leveraging a little known fact of
named ranges using relative references.

Suppose your data are in A:C with A as the series name and B as the x
value and C as the y value. Suppose your data start in row 2.

With any cell in row 2 selected, create three names:
SerName =Sheet2!$A2
XVal =Sheet2!$B2
YVal =Sheet2!$C2+NOW()*0

Create a chart. Use the named formula for the various data sources.
For an intro see 'Names in Charts'
http://www.tushar-
mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/names_in_charts.html

When done, the series formula should look like:
=SERIES('relative name in chart.xls'!SerName,'relative name in
chart.xls'!XVal,'relative name in chart.xls'!YVal,1)
where 'relative name in chart.xls' is the name of your workbook.

Now, select any cell in a different row (say, row 3) and press F9. The
chart will show the information from that row.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
I need a macrocode to change the data range in an inbeded chart as I move to any cell in the new row/range. this will be for the same type of data from a specific range of rows. If you can help, I would be most grateful! I am an experienced Excel
user, but only a beginner VBA code writer. I feel it will take me a
while to learn the code development well enough and I am on a time
constraint.

Thanks, Areidski