Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default change cell value, but keep formula

You cannot.

If there is a formula in the cell, then the value is the result of that
formula, they are not independent.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"David Wakeling" wrote in message
om...
Hello,
Could someone tell me how to change the value
of a cell, without also changing the formula?
The following code illustrates my problem:

Dim r As Range
Application.EnableEvents = False
Set r = Range("A1")
r.Formula = "= 42 / 100000"
r.Value = "negligible"
MsgBox "r.Formula = " & r.Formula & ", r.Value = " & r.Value
Application.EnableEvents = True

Assignment to the value seems to destroy the formula.

Many thanks,

David Wakeling