Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Not sure what to name this subject

Marty,

You need

Set MYSHEET&N = Workbooks("Group" & N & ".xls").Sheets("SheetName")

N is a VBA variable, the book name is a string, so you need to concatenate
the values into your string.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"MARTY" wrote in message
Hello:

If N is an integer, is the following syntax (&N) allowed
in workbook names, objects, etc?

Example: If I write this:

Set MYSHEET&N = Workbooks(Group&N.xls).Sheets
("SheetName").

and then I set N = 1, will VBA interpret this as:

Set MYSHEET1 = Workbooks(Group1.xls).Sheets("SheetName")

? If not (i.e., it doesn't like that), does anyone know
the correct syntax for something like this? Would I have
to use "..." anywhere in order for it to be correct?

Thanks,
MARTY