Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Tools | References - information about references

You need to be aware that this code does not tell you what versions of an
application that is installed on a machine, but just what is referenced. For
example, on my desktop machine I have XL97, Xl2000 and XL XP installed, but
the code shows me the Excel version that I am running from not all 3.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Rob van Gelder" wrote in message
Do I place code at the app's start which queries the user's system for
version numbers of the required DLLs and notifies the user if newer

versions
need to be loaded??

You could do I guess. I don't do it, but maybe I should? I'll admit I

don't
know much about version compatibility in this area.

More than likely you want to run your workbook on various PCs.
Just be aware that checking References is considered "Suspicious Activity"
by security features of later versions of Excel.