Ragdyer

SO ... Duane's Sumproduct formula works *exactly* as you specified.

Have you tried it?

RD

"Andy787878" wrote
in message ...

Sorry for confusing you...it's because i'm confused !

To clarify,

I'd like the formula to count the number of 1's in column 2, if the
number on the same row in column 1 is between 1 and 10.

So the scenario is, in column 1, I have the following numbers
8 in A1
9 in A2
10 in A3
21 in A4
7 in A5
44 in A6

In column 2 I have
1 in B1
2 in B2
2 in B3
3 in B4
1 in B5
1 in B6

The formula i'd like in (say) C1 is to Count the number of 1's that
occur in column 2, only if the number in the same row in Column 1 is in
the range 1-10.

So the answer i'd like would be 2 in this example. Because a 1 in
Column 2 is only adjacent twice to a number between 1-10 in column 1
(the numbers being 8 (A1) and 7 (A5))

Sorry Duane, Ron, Anne.....

--
Andy787878