Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Martyn Wilson Martyn Wilson is offline

Default Highlight Check box

The *.xls that didn't work can be reached from he
http://www.eserceker.com/isaretliler.xls
I'd appreciate if you can have a look at it.
Sincerely
M.W

"keepITcool" wrote in message
the code is in the sheet's object module?
(else the me keyword will not apply)

is the code only called by a macro assigned to the checkbox?

keepITcool

"Martyn Wilson" wrote:

I didn't do the
"use the application.caller to get the name.." bit, and
With the NATIVE checkboxes I Received a type-missmatch error for the
"With Me.Shapes(Application.Caller).Fill.ForeColor"
line. What am I doing wrong?

"keepITcool" wrote in message

there's 2 types of checkboxes that can be inserted in a worksheet.

The first is inserted from Control Toolbox Tool (embedded CB)
The second one is inserted from Forms Toolbar (native CB)

The embedded (msforms.checkbox.1) control has many more properties

and
settings than the native checkbox.

And coding it is easy: (in the sheet's code module..)

Private Sub CheckBox1_Change()
With Me.CheckBox1
.BackColor = IIf(.Value, vbWhite, vbRed)
End With
End Sub

BUT i'm not a fan of using (a lot of) embedded controls on a

worksheet.
Clean your temp directory.
Open a file with 50 or so checkboxes
Now check your temp directory and you'll see why.

So let's see what we can do with a NATIVE checkbox...
You could assign a macro to it... when clicked runs and changes

color.

use the application.caller to get the name..
and you'll need one macro only..

(again put this in the SHEET's code module)

Sub CheckBox_ChangeNative()
With Me.Shapes(Application.Caller).Fill.ForeColor
.SchemeColor = IIf(.SchemeColor = 10, 9, 10)
End With
End Sub

I'd go for the second approach..

keepITcool

"Hank Hendrix" wrote:

Is there a way to have a check box stand out by changing color,

bold
type, or another way when it is checked.
I have many check boxes on a worksheet. I would like some of them

"stand out" if selected.
Thanks
Hank

---