Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default Formating a Time Calculation Result

Dates *are* integer offsets from a base date. Times are any fractional
remainder, so

3 July 2004 13:05

is stored as 38171.54514 (1900 date system) or 36709.54514 (1904 date
system).

In any case, the 0.54514 represents (13 + 5/60)/24.

But your macro places only the times in the cells, so the date serials
don't matter.

Your result of 7 makes no sense to me either. All of the formulae I gave
you return 0.3 for me, which meets your specifications.

In article ,
wrote:

Your solution is getting me close, but didn't quite do
it. Cells A1 and B1 are formated as h:mm, and I had
10:19 and 10:32 in them respectively. When putting in
your formula for cell C1, I got 7 which doesn't make
sense. I was under the impression Excel stored the
date/time as a serial number and that is what is messing
me up. Any other suggestins? Thanks.