Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
COG COG is offline

Default Formating a Time Calculation Result

Hi all, I have created a button called TIME with the
following macro attached:

Sub takeoff()
Dim stringval As String
stringval = Format(Now(), "h:mm")
ActiveCell.Value = stringval
End Sub

If I select A1 and click on this button, it will put the
current time in A1. A few minutes later I click on B1
and the TIME button and I get that cuurent time. In C1 I
have the calculation =B1-A1 which gives me the minutes
difference (ex: 10:15 10:47 result :32) What I
need is to change C1 to tenths of an hour. 1-6 minutes
= .1 hr, 7-12 minutes = .2 hr, and so forth.
Any suggestions on how I can do this?
I've tried just dividing C1 by 6 which doesn't work,
tried formating but am not sure I am picking a correct
custom format, etc.
Help please.