Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Cecilkumara Fernando[_2_] Cecilkumara Fernando[_2_] is offline

Default Calling Rob van Gelder - Help needed with Vlookup Macro again

Ian,
Try
Sub CopyFormula()
With Range("C2")
.Formula = "=IF($A2="""","""",VLOOKUP($A2," & _
"PARTNUMBERS!$A$2:$B$1000,2,FALSE))"
.AutoFill Range("C2:C1000")
End With
End Sub
the
" & _
"
part is not necessary, you can have the formula in one line.
I brake it in to 2 lines to avoid the line warp in the message.
Cecil
"Ian" wrote in message
Hi Rob
Hope you don't mind me posting this again but last week I posted a message

asking for
help to convert a Vlookup Formula to a Macro and you kindly replied with

your Macro.
I copied and pasted your Macro into mine but it didn't work, even after

editing it slightly.
I think the problem was I didn't make it clear what I wanted the Macro to

do, so I have
tried to explain it a bit clearer, and hope you can come up with the

winning Macro.

We use Excel 2000 to book work in and out, in the "BOOK IN" Worksheet we
enter the Part Numbers for each job, down in Column A, (one in each Row),

I then
have the following Formula pasted into each Cell down in Column C that

looks up the
Part Number that was entered into the Cell in Column A, and it returns the

correct
Part Description in the Cell in Column C on the same Row.

=IF($A2="","",VLOOKUP($A2,PARTNUMBERS!$A$2:$B$1000 ,2,FALSE))

The list of Part Numbers and Part Descriptions are in the Worksheet named

"PARTNUMBERS"
where all the Part Numbers are down Column A, and the corresponding Part

Descriptions
are down Column B.

This Formula works well but I would really like to convert it to a Macro

so that the Formulas
don't get accidently deleted as there are a few people who will be using

the Spreadsheet.
I have tried to protect Column C to stop these Formulas from being

accidently deleted, but then
it also stops us from cutting the Cells from the "BOOK IN" Worksheet and

pasting them to the
"BOOK OUT" Worksheet when the Parts has been repaired and are being booked

out.

Can you help.

TIA
Ian