Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ste mac ste mac is offline

Default Help with find and replace routine

Hi Bryan,

I think you need to enter the sheet name to search and the range on the sheet
so the code knows where to look..

I am having problems with this.
anonymous wrote:
Set rng = Sheets("xxx").Range("xxx").Find(whatyou want)

I don't know what to put in for the xxx strings so I have progressed to this
point:
Set rng = ActiveSheets.Range("xxx").Find("actualAxis1")

i.e
set rng = sheets("sheet1").Range("A1:A10").Find("actualAxis1 ")

This means it looks in sheet1 (or what ever you sheet is named on the tab)
and then searches in the range A1 through A10 (obviously you will have to
put the correct range in, that is which cells you want it to search)...

I hope this helps...

seeya ste